Perhaps it would be helpful to discuss some basic principles connected to the practice of generosity made possible by our working life.
- A strong work ethic leads us to productivity in our work.
- Providing for our own families is a basic, human endeavor.
- Recognizing the needs of others is a sign of our spiritual growth in Christ.
- Responding to the needs of others is a necessary discipline as followers of Jesus.
- Overcoming selfish tendencies leads to a fuller, richer life in Christ.
- Sharing our abundance with others is a great privilege.
- Sacrificial giving honors Christ and is one means of proclaiming His Gospel.